Sunday 2 August 2009

Family+Friend+LAK+Planet Food=Perfect Evening

OK, discard that look of disbelief from your faces please... and close your mouth!!!

You read it right... Tadka just got updated...

Coz the Tadka gal had a perfect evening after a looong loong time... No I am not going to start about some emotional trauma that may have bound my hands together and stopped me from updating the blog... It was just... lack of time, lack of good topics (or maybe I can't think!)...

But this perfect evening gave me a good laugh, a good dinner (nahi nahi I don't starve myself normally, my mom is an extremely good cook); and a nice topic...

The friend is Priti ,who had come over to my place, the family is... well family, and LAK is Love Aaj Kal (the movie, not in my life.... My life is pretty deprived of it... >:P)

The movie is good. Summing it up would be... sweet,short and practical for most part. Saif and Deepika are good. The girl who plays Rishi Kapoor's young love interest is sooo cute and beautiful.... She reminded of the actress who was the main female lead in Bobby Deol's debut movie Baarish. I don't know either of their names, but both look naturally so beautiful... Rishi Kapoor is good, the situation, fliming and picturisation is all perfect... Verdit: go watch! and book tickets in advance please...

For dinnering, Planet Food, the normally quiet place (the Poonam Mall branch) had been revved up for Frienship's Day. When we asked for the menu, what we were served with was this...

[click to open and see]

The Menu was...
Ek Dooje Ke Liye (On Friendship's Day.... *sigh!*)
Chandni Chowk to China (Why?)
Love Aaj Kal (Dude, it's FRIENDship's Day...)
Luck (Finally ek correct)
New York (Kyun, you can't find friends here???)
Aashiq Banaya Apne (Dangerous proposition, that!)
Kambakkht Ishq (I will not repeat!)
Jodha Akbar (Do I even need to say anything...) :| :| :| :|

By these standards, we had just eaten Love Aaj Kal... it even qualified as sweet... hehe...

Anyway, we were discussing what to take... Listen to the conversation... Let's have Ek Dooje Ke Liye... nahi let's try eating Luck... Finally we ate Kambakkht Ishq (too much of Love and ishq in one day ;;) if you ask me, but who will ask me... so read ahead) Mom and Dad opted for Jodha Akbar...

Planet Food has this system where you take the receipt, you get an order no. and you are supposed to wait till the order no. is flashed on the screens and then go collect it category wise like Indian, Continental and so on. When we went to the counter to order and take the receipts, I said... I want one Kambakkht Ishq and one Jodha Akbar, and the poor dude looked so uncomfortable with the sitution, we started giggling... It would've been a full blown laughter riot had it not been soooooo damn unfunny when we were supposed to collect all items...

Since every erm... should I call it a movie??? contains so many eatables, we had to keep running to collect things one after the other... Kambakkht Ishq had a pasta with cheese that looked like it had been stuck using fevicol... two people had to pull it apart... ek dooje ke liye in the real sense, you see... ;) We then had to go back for the fruit punch (which wasn't Frooti) and the Badam Thandai, and the pastry, and Mom and Dad's Nawabi platter, and the Paneer Tikka. The poor souls took pity on us and got the garlic bread served at our table themselves... *phew* So a nice movie dinner we had... and then Mads asked me...

Madhuri: i'll go for dinner :-w
what did u hv for dinner waise
:-s
8:47 PM me: kambakht ishq
=))
Madhuri: :O
:|

Hahaha.... :))




17 comments:

Leo said...

hey, LOL at that menu :)

but glad u had fun and a perfect evening... hope u get more evenings like this to blog about! :)

Mads said...

Hehe :P
You had to put our gtalk conversation kya? :O saali !! X-(

but u had to take kambhakht ishq of all the things kya... :| :P

Arjun said...

hahaha :D

Gr8 to see u had fun... n wats better was that u wrote abt it here...

Now tat u've written someting here.. guess u write more often.. :)

until then yenjoy :P

Cheers..!!
Arjun

- Sugar Cube - said...

LOL
No kidding ??
I was at Poonam Mall as well yesterday but we decided not to go to Planet Food coz its usually very boring.
Now looks like I sld have gone there & had some 'Luck' & 'Love Aaj Kal' :D

Btw you liked Love Aaj kal ? :-|
I guess am the only person who didn't like it :S

Priti R said...

@akansha

goodddyy
i shall write to. If i get time from my "personal" novel . You know what i mean na?

Thousif Raza M.B said...

Ok back with a bang is all i can say.....

cool cute and a very filmy post ;)

akansha why dont you blog often yaar, its good to rad what you write, so be regular ok, and why no reply to emails, us me bhi kanjoosi, when you can shell out 150 rs for kambakkt isq ( i cant even get the spelling rgt)

then why not shell out a couple of emails for frenz when its free??


well still waiting for your reply on emails and on my blog too


its good to know you had a fun weekend, have plenty like those and blog more often all rgt

happy friendship day yaar :)

take care and keep writing........

kish said...

I'd have to say that L.A.K was one of the most boring movies i've seen in a long time

PIXPICK said...

Interesting... wish u many more such evening...... :-)

http://pixpick.blogspot.com

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Leo
Hey!Thank you... I hope so too :D

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Mads
Welll.. logon ko dikhana tha unke reaction kaise hone waale hain! ;)

Arrey... best tha... *puppy face*
and I am the one who hasn't seen the movie >:P

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Arjun
Yeah... I m hoping to be a lot more regular about it... Somehow lethargy seems to have crept in real bad... :(

Thank you... :D

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Sugar Cube
Ohh... we could've met... nahi? Tell me when you come next... I live just 2 squares away...

Yeah well it's one of the only options when you are with family ;) And I do like the food... so ok che...

Yeah I like the movie... koi nahi... hota hai... personal choices I suppose... :)

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Priti
Yes I know what you mean... ;)

Try to close the book though... you know what I mean... and before the rest of the junta gets irritated with the code word talk... I am sorry... :)

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Thousif
Thank you so much... I dunno I just have been lethargic, moody, solitary like... looking for solace somewhere... *sigh!* Sorry... :(

I'll try... and thanks... :)

Akansha Agrawal said...

@kish
Well, I also have to say there was a lot more in the post you could've commented on, you know... as far as the movie is concerned, no worries if you didn't like it, I am not the one collecting revenues you see...

Akansha Agrawal said...

@pixpick
Thanks for visiting... and hopefully you read the entire post before leaving the curtly standard comment... *raised eyebrow*

AMIT said...

Its a very good menu.

Web hosting india