Thursday 8 January 2009

When I look at the rain...-III

[Read first and second part]

I've decided! I'll be there at the airport to meet him... to see if he still recognises me...

He's coming tomorrow and I already have butterflies in my stomach...

It's not an exam, gal!!!

But I don't know his flight number, how do I know when is he coming???

Apply your head gal, there aren't any more than 3 international flights in a day, can't you even find out their timings... huh?

Oh, yeah, Mr.Google, may I have the necessary information please?

Armed with the knowledge and feeling pretty sure that I'll know him when I see him, I'm going to the airport... 

Having nothing better to do, coz  I have reached early by one complete hour, I pick up some magazines and do what I like best... read and plug in my ipod...

But I am restless, and the dial of my watch is what occupies the retina of my eyes instead of those printed news stories... they suddenly seem so boring somehow!

Finally, there's the announcement for the flight... But wait, haven't I forgotten something? What will I tell him why am I here??? To meet him? Nah...

I'll tell him I came here to receive my cousin. But from where? 

Erm... US? Yes that's the next flight, after half an hour. I'll say US...

There, the flight has landed! Where is he?

Hey! There he is... He's coming towards me, towards the waiting area... I'll get up and surprise him!!!

Hi!!! 

Where is he??? Hey wait!

He didn't even notice me... He's taking a cab!

OMG, I've blown it up completely now... 

Who asked you to keep yourself hidden behind the magazine with 'Linkin Park' blaring in your ears?

He's going away, in a cab... Damn!

I'm driving away from the airport, feeling like a fool... I've dumped my ipod unceremoniously on the dashboard! Oh oh... it's my cell ringing. I pick it up and hey presto! It's him calling...

Did he see me after all? Or is he calling for something else?

Damn it! I can't pick it up here, they've got the entire world's traffic police out here and they're out to grab me... they're holding me!

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just my mom... who came to check why I wasn't awake when my cell was blaring it's alarm music at full volume!!!

Well, I can't tell her but I've dropped the idea of going to the airport... Should I just sit back and wait for him to call or come online? No, I can't leave it to chance! I'll call him today evening...


[Image courtesy: Google Images]


20 comments:

aZoed said...

hi... back on the bloggin circuit and began wid part I of your amazing tale.. and i must say... i'm hooked... its just too good.

Akansha Agrawal said...

@azoed
Hi! Welcome back...
Thank you :)

Suresh Kumar said...

Now you really took us to some height of excitement...... and then the mother appears :)

Nice read.

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Suresh
Now isn't that what usually happens? ;)

Suresh Kumar said...

Yeah! Though not intentionally, they sometimes look like 'Prem ka dushman' :), Unfortunately

Kido said...

Mothers! When will the learn! :D

I'm visiting for the first time... Must say, nice blog...
Keep going :)

Akansha Agrawal said...

@suresh
haha...

@Kido
hey!Thanks a lot... :)
Keep coming!

Kido said...

Hey Akansha,

Thanks for visiting...

Shall let you know once I start posting :)

Good day! :)

Chriz said...

did you cry after you woke up?

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Chriz
Nah... just felt determined!!!

perturbed perceiver said...

hey m totally hooked...expecting the next part soon....:)

Riya said...

hey.. gud one..keep it up.. cheers..!!

Dewdrop said...

Nice build-up gurl... ye mummy ko tabhi aana tha! :)

Akansha Agrawal said...

@perturbed perceiver
Don't leave the hook... I'm giving the line and sinker very shortly...
Welcome and Keep coming!!!

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Dewdrop
Thanks...
hehe.. isn't that what parents are supposed to do?

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Riya
Thanks... :)

Anurag said...

Emotional but nice....It's a lot sad though ....

Am I writing the 17'th comment :P

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Anurag
Yes it's indeed the 17th... :)

Well, it's not sad, it just makes 'me' more determined... doesn't it?

aZoed said...

ah! dreams... aren't they the best part of our muddled up lives?

Akansha Agrawal said...

'dreams' are what make us feel alive... this was a nightmare though!