Wednesday 21 January 2009

Next time when you can't see them...


Well this is something typically Indian...

My driver was among the swarm of four wheeler drivers who decided that the wait at the traffic light was getting a little too long and they should be on the move now. According to the plan, they stepped on the clutch, shifted the gears, pressed the accelerator and were about to leave, when like the late entry hero, a traffic cop steps in, in the middle of the road, and wham! there's my driver caught by the traffic cop.

Now as the routine goes, this cop asks for licence. But my driver being one helluva smart guy, informs him that he doesn't have one on his person, nor does he have any money. Then ensued the long routine of discussion back and forth...

The cop came with the driver right upto the doorstep of our house in order to get money in the end!!!

So, next time round when you can't see the traffic cop standing in his position, kindly say a small prayer... someone might be suffering!



19 comments:

Chriz said...

stick to the rules.. thats the best thing.. do u still have the driver? i would have shown him the door

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Chriz
Yes I do...

Ashish said...

Baap re Baap!!!
Do you have these kindaa drivers...
God help u...lol

Mads said...

:O whats wrong wid ur driver :O
nice post :| i want to kick ur driver :|

Dewdrop said...

typically, on our Indian Roads, the traffic cops & drivers mutually do a 'setting' or they confiscate licences. I've never heard this kinda story... U better kick ur driver out...

Anurag said...

Have you seen the traffic cops here in mumbai.......
Your driver will do well here :D

I Walk Alone!!! said...

Hahahahahaha... happens only in Mumbai... have you seen them popping out of bushes (I have) and falling from trees (yeah a little bit of an exaggeration)? ;)

But as Chriz said... stick to the rules and avoid seeing them the next time :)

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Ashish
Well yes, God please help me, but I urgently need Him for some other things... ;)

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Mads
Catch the next flight...
Thank you... :)
Keep coming!

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Dewdrop
Well this is also India... and this also happens here!

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Anurag
Well I have been to Mumbai thrice, but unfortunately I could not spot the traffic cops, they were lost somewhere in the sea of cars I think...

Akansha Agrawal said...

@I walk alone
Today Nagpur has truly proved it's parallel with Mumbai... so what if Mumbai cannot be Shanghai, we'll have two Mumbais to make up for that...

Yes ma'am he's been scolded badly enough!!!

The Solitary Writer. said...

lol anurag ....i guess he was rite ...

aZoed said...

maybe, that's about your part of the country.. Maharashtra I mean... I've never been there.. though I'll be shiftin' to Mumbai in a month or so..
Where I am right now.. Haryana... the cops dare not interfere... or they'll be crushed or brought to task with a car jack!!! :) So they pass their duty time havin juice n tea...and traffic.. well it moves about with srt of mutual consent!!! lol

Akansha Agrawal said...

@ste
Erm... who was right? the driver, the cop or anurag?

Akansha Agrawal said...

@aZoed
Hmm... pretty bad condition there it seems then, but my personal experience with Chandigarh hasn't been so bad though!

aZoed said...

Chandigarh isn't Haryana u c.. in fact it's not even India :)

Akansha Agrawal said...

@aZoed
Well, figuratively, yes Chandigarh is not the same as the rest of India....

Arjun said...

hehe...
I see these traffic police doing it daily here... here's a small milk booth inside which they would be hiding... They would put up one useless- " No free left" board n wait in the hide-out to catch them....

Oh our India...!! ;)

Cheers..!!
Arjun