Sunday, 14 December, 2008

When I look at the rain...


This is not so much of a story, but anyway, whatever it is, it is all here...

When I look at the rain out of my bedroom window on a day filled with leisure, a day when I let my deepest desires roam free... the first thing I think about is the lush green Swiss mountains, nurtured by nature, and the romantic breeze so soft and alluring...

When I take a second glance, I see a young couple dancing in the rain, on empty roads, carefree... 
and then I see myself, with him... the faceless one, the one with whom I know I'd wanna be with...

Maybe somewhere deep within, I know the face that I want to see, but I am afraid to take his name, lest the winds carry it to him... The face at which I could stare for long hours, (without getting caught), the face that belonged to a person I admired...., the face that I searched for in a group of twenty and a crowd of twenty hundred...., the way my heart suddenly started overworking on its own when I finally did spot him..., the way I always shrouded my admiration under a false garb..., the times when I silently cheered for him......, the way I wanted to be happy because I knew he was, the times when I found myself smiling because I knew he was... the times when I wanted to say something to him and never found my nerves at the right places to do so... the times when I waited for him to come and talk to me... and when he did, the way my spirits stayed high and I had music in my ears and a spring in my step for an entire day and another night...

And then our ways parted, to two ends of the world... 

But I know they will cross again, sometime in the future...

Will I be able to tell him all I feel when I see him again....???? 



12 comments:

Comfortably Numb said...

Today is the day. Yesterday was. Day before was. Tomorrow might not be.

Cheers!!

Akansha Agrawal said...

@comfortably numb
Thanks :)

Arjun said...

Very well written... I read this in WL as well....

U've pictured the feelings brilliantly.... Real story eh?? ;)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Akansha Agrawal said...

@arjun
Could be...
;)

Suresh Kumar said...

Nice Romantic Piece. May be we will c the sequel to this in a short time, that is when she tells him :)

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Suresh
hmm... I never thought about a sequel!But I guess it would be worth it... Will give it a try!!!

aZoed said...

sorry to be sayin' this... but this is frighteningly close to reality for me.. is it really a piece of fiction for you?

Akansha Agrawal said...

@aZoed
Well every goos story finds its roots in reality... right?

KETKI TOL said...

mind blowing.........

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Ketki
Thank you... :)
Read the sequels too, if you liked this, you'll probably like them too...

Mads said...

I think this is the first time i saw the romantic in u come out so directly....
and i loved this one :)
its so us naa...
*sigh*

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Mads
>:D< thank you...
Yeah... it is so us... *sighs too*