Sunday 28 December 2008

Hi!


Well, honestly I can't figure out what to write about. So I thought let's just start as we do with a Hi! and go where the course takes us...

Right now, I'm pretty busy, the main reason being that I have busied myself...

As a second year engg. student in a pretty non-descriptive college, I don't know where I'm going and why I am going. I've been lapping up every opportunity I can to gain whatever skills I can and not knowing why. As diverse fields as Advanced programming and management at the same time!!! With my hard work, I know I'll excell at everything but the 'why' still remains unanswered.

Where am I going and what am I doing??? My head feels like it's soon going to burst trying to remind me of all the things that I gotta do or should be doing in the next hour, day, week, month, year... 

With an ultimate aim to be an entrepreneur, I'm still looking for the right set of people who would help me see the way. I mean, I don't want anybody illuminating the path with lights (as it is, it may turn out to be just about as reliable as the Indian electricity boards!) but can't someone just point me in the "right" direction??? And hey, don't preach! I'm too stubborn to accept something if it's not backed up with justifications. Just advise, all the more better if it's a set of people who are journeying with me. Destinations may be different but ships can be the same...

Why do I have to be so damn unlucky when it comes to having a peer group??? Am I the one who doesn't think straight, or is it them? No, I haven't had a fight with anybody, I just haven't met people with whom I can have brainstorming sessions about things I am interested in.

Hoping to meet them soon... coz I need to!

The journey is long, and I can't do it alone...

P.S. This is I think 'one of its kind' post coz it's very rare that I'm this brutally honest with myself about 'me'.



12 comments:

Arjun said...

Ur interest in ur field amazes me..!! Very good..!!

I have a frnd who's an aspiring entrepreneur ... And he's so actively involved in various things...
I'll introduce u to him...

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Arvind Bhaskar said...

Being an enterprenuer is a very vague goal. Define clearly what do you mean by that..

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Arjun
Thanks... I'll be glad to meet him.

@Arvind
Well, being an entrepreneur is the ultimate goal. What company would I want to own is a question that I think can be answered only after looking at the market scenario. In clearer words, at present, I don't know and I haven't decided...

At present, what I think is more important is, staying up-to-date about ALL that's going on around us at the economic, political and social levels. Because after all an entrepreneur has to be very aware of what's happening and what the opinion of the masses is. And more than just being aware, I think exchange of thought and opinion is equally important, and that's why I want to discuss 'things' and 'issues' with other people, but I obviously can't if I can't find people who are interested!

Suresh Kumar said...

Well. Wishing you that in this new year you meet more and more such kinds of people.

Being in the finance (loans segment) and accounts sector, I have seen many entrepreneurs make it big and many bite the dust.

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Suresh
Thank you :)
I hope I am going to be the former...

Rajat said...

hmmm.
Its alright Sis. Guess making a good peer grp is about lighting up and spending some fun moments with people around b4 we shortlist the like minded ones and discuss serious matters

Mihir jha said...

Hi,
Having found some interesting posts,I added you in my blogroll from an orkut community a few days back.I was just checking updates on my blogroll and i came through this post.
I have recently launched a blog in which i wish to deal with all Myths of Market.Though i remain very busy yet i am trying to put all those basics there with a layman's attitude. If you wish,you can visit my ne blog follo the section called "Enterpreneur".Here's the link:
http://mythsofmarket.wordpress.com

Wishing u all the best.

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Mihir
Thanks for dropping by.
Checking the links now...

Chaitanya said...

You can either be single minded and go into overdrive to search for a startup idea, or just go on step by step until you really see something where you believe you can make a difference. (I belong to the latter group as of now.)
Presenting B-plans at different events could be a good way to get those entrepreneurial brainwaves going.

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Chaitanya
Well I am neither... right now... At the moment, all I am trying to do is gain knowledge... but it gets really boring after a while gaining just knowledge, I need opinions, I need someone to tell me where I am wrong(if I am obv) and why... I still have a bit of time before I decide which zone I am heading into...

B-plan idea is cool, I'll try to do that... :)

Mads said...

i liked the post..brutually honest is right....
damn unlucky in having a peer group..sahi hai..
im so glad i met u :) :*

Akansha Agrawal said...

@Mads
thank you... :D
I thank someone/somebody everyday that we met... :D :*