Thursday, 6 November, 2008

It was a Wednesday...

I saw Wednesday yesterday, something that was pending. The vacations and then Fashion postponed my date with the movie.

The story is that of a common nameless man (Naseeruddin Shah) who plants bombs at five different places and demands release of four terrorists involved in various terrorist activities that took place in '92, '93 and '06. To prove his point, he even places one in the police station. The police find themselves helpless because they have absolutely no information on this man, and have to act as demanded. The four terrorists are taken to the Aviation base as commanded. To watch what happens further ahead, watch the movie.

N.B. Spoilers ahead.

You've been warned.

Wednesday is a gripping, yet an unrealistic movie I think. A let out for all the pent-up frustration that lies within every common man due to the existing terror which increases with every new incident, be it a bomb blast in Mumbai or in Delhi or in Malegaon or in Jaipur. The movie is short, not even one-and-a-half hours long, but it's moving. It reflects what every common man feels. A common man who wants to show how frustrated he is by the plight of several more like him, people who are forced to endure, people who find themselves helpless against it. The dialogues delivered by Naseeruddin Shah are forceful and his speech is I think the highlight of the movie. All in all, I'd say, watch it once.

5 comments:

Tshhar Mangal said...

I liked the movie.
Especially the climax
and that dialogue in the end by Shah.

aZoed said...

Even if it was unrealistic, I loved the movie for its plot and the innovative way that a common man decided work his way out of frustration.. read what I had written about it a few days back -> http://aseems-infinity.blogspot.com/2008/09/common-man-u-turn.html

Akansha Agrawal said...

@azoed
I did check out what you've written. We share some sentiments... :)

aZoed said...

cud u do me a favor.. pls... d nxt time u post me a comment.. pl pls pls do it on ma blog!

aZoed said...

here's how it goes...
you need to upload save and upload the award pic to your post.. js t like any other pic..
post a link to the one who passed you the award (datz me!)
and post links to at max 10 people whom you would like to pass on the award to...
hope you get it this time!