Friday 10 October 2008

One for the bookworms

I've taken this meme from the blog of another bookworm which can be reached at
http://ourlifesabeach.blogspot.com/ . I have to write six book related things about myself. So here goes my list:

1. I was not a bookworm upto second standard. I did read, but not voraciously,and it was simply lack of friends near my house to play with, and having a bookworm brother that pushed me into starting to read.

2.I've spent all my lunch recesses in school in the school library. I ate my complete tiffin in the short recess and then spent the lunch recess reading in the library. Even today, it is the school library that I miss the most from school.

3.I hate giving my books to anybody, even for a few days because one can never be sure if they're going to be returned! (I've had some bad experiences with this, where after a few days people don't even remember they'd borrowed the book, and the irony is that they didn't read it!)

4.I still prefer hard copies to soft copies. Holding a book in your hands is an entirely different pleasure.

5.Give me a stack of books, and I need nothing else. I've read, read and reread my entire collection numerous times. All cousins visiting our house are well aware that they may not find toys here, but there will be no dearth of books to read.

6.I like all genre of books, there hasn't really been a book that I've picked up and not completed, except The World is Flat and Worshipping False Gods, both of which I'm still reading. But I'd rather stay away from heavy classic stuff, like Puck of Pook's Hill, or something similar.

So I think that's it!Me, the bookworm, in a nutshell.

And if anybody wants to get tagged, don't wait for me, just do it! But don't forget to mention where you took it from...And oh, do drop me a line as well!

5 comments:

Evil Genius said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I loved your bookworm meme. I hate lending out my books too!

Mith said...

ditto on no.3, 4 and 5!! And am not a big fan of biographies and autobiographies and i loathe self-help books!

Nice meme :)

P.S - I think your template is just fine :)

Akansha Agrawal said...

@mith
I like my template. It's just that where mine is pretty dark, yours is very light colured. And both look good, albeit in different ways.

Mith said...

oh ok ok...gotcha! :D

Tshhar Mangal said...

The 3rd and the 4th point go the same with me