Sunday, 10 August, 2008

Atlas Shrugged

I just completed 'Atlas Shrugged' by Ayn Rand last night,and was it a read!!!!

I've been at it for quite a few days now,and what with the busy schedule and exams and not being able to carry about the book(coz it's an ebook and it's on my laptop),it took me longer than ever.But when I did finish it,I had only one question,and that too not for myself.It's a question I have for the person who recommended it to me in the first place and that was Do you believe in it?


I don't know how many people agree with the sentiments of the book,but what I do know is that I do.I have always known myself as a businesswoman at heart,and what this book has taught me is to be proud of it,and not resentful of being what I am!I realise the kind of pressures that are put on by the society and maybe,it's going to be a little easier living with them,now that I know what exactly it is!

What has been said for that particular country is I think very relevant in India's context today. Even though I know that people find it a highly debatable topic,I think that is the kind of revolution India needs today: to get rid of the James Taggarts,and the Weasley Mouches,and the Lawsons and the Dr.Stadlers and the Dr.Ferrises....,namely the sticky slimy politicians,who are pushing the country to its doom,and to encourage the Reardens,Dagny Taggarts,Ragnar Danneskjolds,Fransiscos,and most importantly,John Galts.....,namely the people who have the 'minds' to reach there.

No comments: