Friday 18 April 2008

Is this what you call 'Busyness'?

For the first time in my life,I've done something of this kind!

Has it ever happened to you that you bought something and after bringing it home,you completely forgot about it?Well,I think the answer would be 'yes' for atleast a few!But this is a first for me.

While cleaning out my drawer of the increasing pile of my stamps and coins[I collect stamps and coins(just as a hobby),and these weren't supposed to be in the drawer,they were there out of sheer laziness]anyway,I came across a handful of my heavy bills,mostly for books from Odyssey,but there was one in particular which announced that I had bought a book[The Namesake] and a CD of 'Life in a .....Metro',exactly eight months ago.I had read the book but I had completely forgotten about the CD,and the irony of the story is that I had very much wanted to see the movie and had been waiting for an opportunity to do so,on the TV!!!

I don't know what it was that made me forget so,but when I recovered the CD,it was in my CD collection,with a thick layer of dust on it.Apparently,it had lied on top of the deck for too long,['to-see' CDs are normally kept there],before my mother recovered it and stowed it away!I haven't had too much of time to see movies and especially not the older ones,so the drawer was never opened,not by me!

Well, it was something that amused me so much that I laughed and felt surprised at myself at the same time!I have seen the movie now,but I'm not likely to forget this in a hurry!

2 comments:

Onkar said...

hmmm

Akansha Agrawal said...

What exactly is 'hmmm' supposed to mean?