Sunday 16 December 2007

Lord of the Rings....

Yes, I'm finally done with the very famous book series which competes with Harry Potter series in terms of popularity and fame.

It took a total of three days,(with full day college) and late nights to finish off the six books(clean sweep,eh?).Well,JRR Tolkein certainly knows how to captivate the attention of the reader, is all that I can say....

Review?

Well,it's a book full of new strange creatures,just like HP,but a little more in number!It's all about a ring!!The book has many similarities with HP,but I didn't feel the kind of high I do while reading the Harry Potter series.I guess being the same age as the protagonists also contributes to the level of understanding of the emotions.....and waiting for every book for an year also contributes....

The story is well known to all,thanks to the super hit Hollywood adaptions of the movie,(I'm yet to see all! and that too,despite of having them with me.......time,why art thou so less??????) .

I think,I'll put a post after seeing the movies.....As for "when",I have no idea!!!!

1 comment:

Rameez Kakodker said...

OMG!!! u havnt watched the LOTR series? OMG twice... that is realy shocking.. u r missing out on life.. but as u have said that u have read the books; so u hvnt mised out much.. ne way if u like tolkien so much den theres "SONG OF ICE N FIRE".. its a prelude to LOTR.. try it out..

PS- in case u r wondering who i m..
n how i found u... simple.. i saw ur profile under Shalini DAmani.. read d word blog.. n hence tot a fellow blogger in need of comments.. speaking of which u can also visit me blog...

www.promethiusblog.blogspot.com

PSS- Comment freely.. dont worry bout ne thing..

PPSS- in orkut i m known as RAINMAN

PPSSS- ur blog, in keeping with the critic policy, is a little too gaudy.. too bright.. cant read teh text without hurtin d eyes...

PPPSSS- its jus my opinion.. can ignore it..

PPPSSSS- ur writting stylle is gr8... respect...